Friday, January 8, 2010

I admit it....Im a terrible blogger

My last post was in October, so yeah, I'm a little behind. Since then we have celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas and had a lot happen in our pregnancy. So just pretend like I posted about all that Holiday goodness =)

At the beginning of December we went for a regular checkup with the doctor and found out I had high blood pressure and some protein. They ran some test and found out that I was the lucky winner of some Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (pre-eclampsia). Soooo I got put on strict bed rest.....I am allowed to go to the bathroom and that just about covers it. Our doctor wasn't too sure we were going to make it to 34 weeks and prepared us that we may be going to Little Rock for delivery. Since I have been such a great patient =) and have had so much great help from family and friends....I am still on bedrest and will be 34 weeks on Wednesday!!

I have had Non-Stress twice a week, and many doctor visits and lab work. We've also had 2 Biophysical profiles done on Charlee. This is pretty much just an Ultrasound that measures the size of her organs, her amniotic fluid and her growth. We found out after her 2nd one that she is going to have very long legs (measured 2 weeks earlier than her due date) and that her abdomen is not growing as it should. So we are supposed to have another one of these this next week and if it shows that she is still not growing properly, then we will be meeting our little bit within the week!! Dr. Watson said this is just due to the fact that because of my high blood pressure, my placenta is not giving Charlee all the nutrients she needs, so she can grow better on the outside than the inside if this doesn't change.


So pretty much, I have been off work for over a month, and have spent wayyyyy too much time in my house! I know it will all be worth it though when we finally get to see her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment