Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's a ...................

Yesterday was the big day!! We had an appt @ 3:40 to find out what Raisi was! It was such a loooong day and I had sooooo many emotions. I was nervous, scared, excited all rolled up in one. I couldn't wait to see the little person inside of me, but was praying that everything was okay.

We got to Dr. Watson's office and found out she was in a delivery....AGAIN.....but this time we got to wait on her. An hour later we made our way back to the ultrasound room. My friend Jennifer, one of the nurses, was there today and always makes me laugh and calm me down. I had gained 3lbs. this time, so I am still doing good! She then told me that my blood was A- so I will have to take the lovely, painful, expensive shot and will wait to see if Raisi has to have one too. She then got the machine ready to go and headed out of the room.





As we waited for Donya to come in the room, we were getting TONS of text messages. We had a great time making everyone wait for the big news :) After a few minutes, Dr. Watson came in and was ready to roll! I drank a coke about an hour before we went hoping to "wake up the baby" so we would be able to tell what it was......and it definitely worked!! That little booger was squirming all over everywhere! Dr. Watson said we would just take as long as we needed to see some "parts". She checked out the head.....big......and the belly........pefect.......and the legs....long.....and the parts......GIRL!!! Woohooo!! Of course with girls there is always a little "what if", but she is pretty sure. (We're gonna check again next month just to make sure nothing has "dropped") She showed us the parts she was looking at, and Ill definitely take her word for it :) I did really well with my emotions and only teared up a little bit after she told us the sex. Chris and I were both very excited. She is going to have her daddy wrapped around her little fingers for sure!

So Charlee Michelle Riley is growing great and is due February 24th, 2010. I forgot to take pictures of the ultrasound pics, but Ill post them soon.

We wanted to tell everyone the news at the same time so we planned to bake a cake and all meet at moms after they got out of church. Everyone definitely had a hard time being patient and tried really hard to get some info out of us. We did really well holding it all in though! We did call Tim and Sarah first to let them know since they wouldn't be able to be here to see the cake (yeah, that really made mom anxious)! We got home and got to baking our pretty pink cake! After about 5lbs of icing it was ready to go and we headed down to moms and waited for the crowd to come. Then, we gave mom and Carla a knife and had them do the honors. As soon as they saw the pink, the screaming began. Everyone was so excited!!! We then watched the DVD and ate the cake (which was actually pretty tasty so they said).



It was such an amazing day that Chris and I will never forget! Now, the fun begins....shopping and decorating! :)

2 comments:

  1. a) yay!! it's a girl! we're so excited!!
    b) you look adorable, you preggo you.
    c) i think the most noteworthy part of this post is the fact that you and Chris baked a cake. i'm so impressed :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls are the bomb! So happy for you and you look great! Oh, and I love the name Charlee!

    ReplyDelete